Be a Coachee
Coachee applicants must have at least two years’ experience as a principal or vice principal. This two-year program is designed for emerging leaders looking to take their skills to the next level. Through one-on-one leadership coaching, our aim is to empower you to discover your unique leadership strengths, build your confidence and help you accelerate your visions and make them a reality both in your life and in your school.
- Serve the greater Seventh-day Adventist mission by maximizing leadership potential
- Advance your own professional growth
- Network with a community of learners/leaders
- Receive honest, confidential feedback from a personal coach who is solely focused on serving as a thought partner and advocate for your personal growth
- Gain support in building a school team and improving student outcomes
- Develop confidence, resilience and sustainability as a school leader
And learn how to:
- Effectively confront racial inequities to enhance school culture and ensure equitable learning environments
- Articulate a robust vision for success and implement actions needed to achieve that vision
- Explore and identify school goals
- Explore and identify personal leadership goals in service of school goals
- Provide constructive and effective feedback
- Become a reflective practitioner
- Establish a foundation for equity
ACE Academy Coachees Will Participate in the Following Trainings Each Year:
- Summer Institute focused on organizational and instructional leadership skills and practices (three days — July 13-15, 2020; dates TBD for 2021)
- Two off-campus training sessions (one day each) during each school year, accompanied by the ACE Academy coach (October 7, 2020, and March 10, 2021; dates TBD for 2021)
- Initial virtual goal-setting meeting with the ACE Academy coach
- Monthly virtual check-ins with the ACE Academy coach
- Onsite visits* with the ACE Academy coach and ACE faculty member (three visits in Year 1 and two visits in the Year 2)
- A formative 360-degree assessment aligned to the program standards and identified personal goals
*In-person participation is required for all school site visits and ACE training sessions. Depending on the participant’s location, air travel and overnight stays may be required. All in-person training sessions will take place in Columbia, Maryland.
Ready to take your leadership to the next level?
Apply by April 13!