Be a Coach
Coach training is a two-year process that is focused on developing the behaviors and dispositions of a skilled leadership coach. Being a leadership coach is not intuitive, even for experienced supervisors. You will not be approaching this work as trainer, mentor or friend. Instead, as a leadership coach, your role is to inspire and empower school administrators to achieve the specific personal and organizational goals they define for themselves.
Coach applicants should have a minimum of three years’ experience in an educational leadership position and an interest in coaching and sharing leadership experience with fellow education leaders. This leadership coaching program can result in CEUs and certification as an ACE Academy Leadership Coach.
Please note: Coach participants can expect a more intense curriculum than coachee participants.
- Serve the greater Seventh-day Adventist mission by developing “homegrown” leaders
- Master coaching techniques that maximize both individual and team performance in any environment
- Develop others while continuing in their current leadership role
- Engage in high-impact professional learning
- Learn from and network with other leaders across the region
- Promote a standard of excellence that benefits staff and students in multiple schools
- Enhance principal retention within the system
- Develop skills as a future consultant
And learn how to:
- Effectively confront racial inequities to enhance school culture and ensure equitable learning environments
- Set up an effective coaching relationship from the start
- Help your coachee tap into his or her unique leadership strengths and experiences
- Learn how to develop young and experienced leaders alike
- Use listening and questioning to promote extended dialogue and generate insight
- Provide constructive and effective feedback
- Cultivate a habit of intentional reflection and help coachees adopt this practice to improve their own leadership
- Establish a foundation for equity
- Create a supportive, challenging and safe learning environment
- Strategically use facilitative and directive coaching strategies to drive positive change
ACE Academy Coaches Will Participate in the Following Trainings Each Year:
- Summer Session (three days — July 13-15, 2020; dates TBD for 2021)
- Fall Session (two days — October 6-7, 2020; dates TBD for 2021)
- Spring Session (two days — March 9-10, 2021; dates TBD for 2022)
- Up to 12 hours of virtual training annually
- Bi-monthly check-ins with an ACE Academy faculty member
Ready to take your leadership to the next level?
Apply by April 13!